Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MONSTER GUTS EXCLUSIVE - Monster In-A-Box 2.0 - Build Tutorial

FINAL NOTES:

After reviewing the whole tutorial, I think it is pretty much complete.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to as them here on Monster Guts Forum.

P.S. Make sure you read all the posts and responses to make sure your question has not already been answered in a previous post.

Happy Building!

This is one epic tutorial!!! Thank you.

Junior Monster
    Any finalization on this???

That's a ton of time putting this tutorial together. Thank you for documenting this.

Super cool monster in a box!

Junior Monster
    These is awesome

Junior Monster
    How much pressure do you suggest for the cylinder?

That depends on how heavy the "lid" is and where you place your cylinder to lift the lid. If you position the cylinder towards the front of the the box, the cylinder doesn't have to work very hard to lift it up the 1/2".

Generally you need between 25-35 psi of pressure.

Question: I am making one with a 42 inch TV. I just had to go bigger it is so cool. But the box is 48 inches high and I'm trying to figure out just how in the heck am I going to be able to get inside to turn everything on. I am thinking of skipping the bottom so I can lift it to get access. Any thoughts or ideas?
    Last edited by jc_cook7@yahoo.com; 08-28-2017 at 06:23 AM.

jc_cook7,

I had the same though when making the original box, I thought "how the hell am I going to open this to turn things on?"

If you look at our tutorial, the chains that go over the lid only attach 100% to the bottom underneath in the front. The chains that go over the top through the eye hooks are NOT attached and just draped but they are long enough behind with enough weight to stop them from slipping forward and out of the eye hook loops.

When you want to open the lid, simply pull the chains on the top towards the front and out of the eye hooks and lift the lid. Because the lid is only attached with the hinges, you simply open it.

The other option if you decide to permanently affix the chain is to putt a power strip on the back of the box that you plug everything into and then when you are ready, you just flip the switch on the back of the unit on the power strip.

Junior Monster
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP4b...r#action=share

My video seems to glitch when the relay decoder triggers. Any suggestions to fix that?